Did you know?
- One in 10 Canadians has a speech, language or hearing problem.
- About 4% of preschool children have a significant speech or language problem.
- About 1% of Canadians and 4% of preschoolers stutter. Men are four times more likely to stutter than women.
Speech and Hearing Awareness Month is coordinated by the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists (CASLPA). There are events taking place across
· "50 Years of Making Waves" - The Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is celebrating 50 years of service to deaf, deafened and hard of hearing British Columbians with a cocktail reception and entertainment on May 26 at the Vancouver Aquarium and a dinner and dance, May 27th held at the Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites.
Contact: Susan Masters firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
· Mayoral Proclamation of May Month at
If you or your organization is interested in celebrating Speech and Hearing Awareness Month it isn’t too late to download electronic files of the “May Month Marketing Kit”.
This kit contains everything needed to promote the month. It includes: a media release, publicity tips, celebration ideas, ad mats, public service announcements, assorted fact sheets and feature stories, poster, clip art sheet and photo gallery.
For further information please visit CASLPA's web site - www.caslpa.com